UX Design & User Experience Design Course - Theory Only
What you'll learn
- You’ll learn what the relevant tools are for UX Designers.
- You’ll find out how much a UX designer can earn.
- You’ll learn how to research a UX project.
- You’ll learn the difference between UI & UX.
- You’ll learn what the responsibilities of a UX designer are.
- You’ll be able to run your first user testing sessions.
- You’ll know how to run competitor research.
- You’ll learn how to build user profiles & personas.
- You’ll learn how to create wireframes.
- You’ll learn how to use InVision building mockups.
- You’ll learn how to report your user testing results.
- No previous UX understanding is necessary.
- While a basic understanding of design will be needed to become a UX Designer you don’t need any of these skills to complete this course.
The idea of UX, or User Experience, is not new but continues to be a sore point for designers and end users. For those who can figure it out, it pays well more than graphic design alone. And, UX design uses skills you already have. Interested? Don’t have a clue what UX Design is or where to start? We’ve got the UX design training experience that’s going to open a whole new world, and better-paying work!
UX design is creating products, most commonly apps and websites, that are easy to use, please the end user and look great. It’s understanding what the target user needs and how they get what they want. It’s how they interact with the information and how they navigate your design. The reason there’s so much demand for UX designers is that not a lot of graphic designers truly understand what’s involved. It’s more than slick graphics!
At BYOL, we’ve got years of design experience and an equally impressive number of years teaching design to real world standards. We know what UX and UI design for professional grade work require, and we know how to give you the best training and information to build you a lifelong foundation.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone interested in becoming a UX Designer.
- This course is especially beneficial to people who already have Graphic or Web Design skills.
- This course is for designers who want to earn double as a senior UX designer.
Sharing is who I am, and teaching is where I am at my best, because I've been on both sides of that equation, and getting to deliver useful training is my meaningful way to be a part of the creative community.
I've spent a long time watching others learn, and teach, to refine how I work with you to be efficient, useful and, most importantly, memorable. I want you to carry what I've shown you into a bright future.
I have a wife (a lovely Irish girl) and kids. I have lived and worked in many places (as Kiwis tend to do) – but most of my 14+ years of creating and teaching has had one overriding theme: bringing others along for the ride as we all try to change the world with our stories, our labours of love and our art.
I'm a certified Adobe instructor (ACI) in Ireland. I'm also an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and have completed the Adobe Certified Associate training (ACA). And I don't just do Adobe. Remember, media is a very broad term – digital blew out the borders, so we are all constantly learning.
I've been teaching for 14+ years. I come from being a media designer and content creator – so I understand exactly where you're at now. I've been there. I love this stuff. Print, digital publishing, web and video. I can see how it all connects. And I can see how we can share those connections.
I built Bring Your Own Laptop in Ireland, New Zealand, Australia & online. I have a great team working with me to keep BYOL at the top of Adobe and digital media training. I understand business, I have one – so I know how important it is to get it right and make it work for you.
Now my focus is on Udemy. It's my mission to bring you the best training for digital media on Udemy.
Daniel Walter Scott